Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

Vista Is A Pain

Well Windows XP had bugs in it and its successor seems buggier than a cockroach farm. It seems that Vista its best installed a on fresh machine, if we go of my experience of upgrading windows vista on my existing hardware it would appear many people would be having extreme frustrations when upgrading.

The first thing we need to do is download the vista upgrade adviser program, this program scans your hardware looks over it and identifies the programs and pieces of hardware that may not work with vista. I downloaded this program and ran it, it came up and said that I was ok to install vista with a clean install. This is where the vista set up program moves all your own programs and windows files into a directory on your hard drive and then installs a clean copy of itself.

I did that and vista installed ok, but I found it didn’t support the hardware that the advisor said that it would and also the company gigabyte, who manufacture my main board didn’t have drivers for the vista operating system. So I went back to xp.

I was talking to a number of chain stores and they say they are bombarded with grumpy customers who have been tempted by all the hype to upgrade their machine. Basically my advice to everyone is if it isn’t broke don’t try and fix it as it might complicate things.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?