Saturday, November 18, 2006

 

The death of the CD Single is on the horizon:

The portable media player is fast becoming the way we read books, watch movies and listen to music and audio on demand. The CD is the first item to fall it will appear with local music stores (other than the large chain store department stores) opting for a digital music kiosk where you can pay for downloads and burn your own CD and take it away or download it onto a memory stick for playing on your media player, eg Ipod, Zune, mp3 or VOD player.

The cost of downloading a track online is about $1.69 per track, videos (full screen high resolution) is just $3.99 approx Australian from one provider.

I can tell you this service doesn’t suit me because under the rather old fashioned laws that govern my job I must own every CD I have digitize on my computer system. Also that allows hard copy back ups to be kept which you cannot do with this liquid data style system.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?