Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 

Contacting Telstra - Telephone roulette

I recently had a customer call the helpdesk trying to get his Kyocera CDMA 3245 to dial out using his Windows XP based Compaq Presario Laptop. I have been trying to contact the right place in Telstra to deal with this situation.

I spoke to Telstra service provider faults about the failure and they could not locate the correct number when I asked them who to call as they could not help me. I spoke to the Level 2 carrier support for mobile phones and they were helpful as they were able to determine the fact that the phone was not dialing up correctly. However, no one in Telstra themselves could give me this magic number I needed.

It was until I spoke to someone at Nokia (my mobile phone manufacturer) they pout me through to Telstra fault who were then able to give me a 1300 number for Telstra Wireless Data Support which is 1300 131 816.

Whats wrong with this picture, when an organization this big doesn’t know what departments its has and how to contact them?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?